Garage Door Repair is one of Uncle Fester’s Favorite DIY Projects—
Hey DIYers! Want to save some bucks and have some great fun while running the risk of seriously maiming yourself, the kids and even your pet?
May I humbly suggest trying to adjust or repair the heaviest and most dangerous moving object in your house? You guessed it….the automatic garage opener.
The odds are in your favor you will get clobbered good and become one of the following statistics:
- More than 2,000 people are killed or hurt or killed by falling garage doors.
- Every year, more than 7,000 Americans suffer hand or finger injuries from defective or loose garage door sections.
- More than 300 people are injured by broken garage door springs.
- More than 1600 people are injured or killed while attempting to repair garage doors themselves.
- More than 1100 people suffer cuts from broken glass or sharp edges on garage doors.
Why leave all the fun to the professionals at Best Overhead Garage Doors when you can get a whopper of a scar, loose a finger, or give your little tike that is watching you one heck of a beauty mark!
Heck! May I also suggest asking that pesky neighbor to give you a hand and kill two birds with one garage door.
So, the next time your garage door opener breaks, take a little insane advice from me, don’t avoid serious injury or death, just check your life insurance coverage then let that tension spring smack you in your face.
Or, I guess if you want to be like everyone else with an ounce of good sense you’ll call Best Overhead Doors for a free estimate.
(Seriously, see here for the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Safety Alert on garage doors and their final rules on automatic garage door openers.)