Want to Spruce Up Your Garage Door?
Looking to update the look of your garage door? Decorative Magnetic Garage Door Hardware is an inexpensive and easy way to make your steel garage door more attractive and add to the appearance of your home.
Most popular department and online ordering stores have some type of magnetic garage door decorative add-ons ranging from approximately $13 to $50. These include magnetic garage door products from Amazon, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lowes and more.
Here is an example of what people have to say about them (review from Amazon):
“Yes, I bought these cheeseball magnets, and no, I don’t regret it one stinking bit.
I’ve spent more time than I care to admit probably looking like I’m casing my neighborhood, but really, what I’ve been doing is looking at my neighbors’ garage doors. You see, after getting these magnets, I’ve started noticing how many other people have garage door hardware, and speculating about whose are real, and whose are fake. It’s kind of like when you get a new car, and all of a sudden, you look around and notice that everywhere you look, someone else is driving the same car. The conclusion I came to is this: there are a surprising number of garages in my neighborhood that have hardware on their garage doors, and whether they’re real or fake, the ones that are currently affixed to my garage look absolutely indistinguishable from theirs, unless I’m uncomfortably close to a stranger’s house.
We’ve been hit with quite a lot of rain and wind this winter, and so far, they haven’t budged. I can’t imagine they will – the magnets are super strong, and even taking them off to reposition them was a little bit hellish without fingernails to pry them up. For twelve bucks and change, I have zero complaints.”
Some Pros and Cons:
• magnets make it easy to install/move/remove
• big impact (really adds some nice detail to a plain, paneled garage door)
• classic hinge design, realistic look
• great size — proportions look very nice on standard two car garage door
• good quality magnets — they haven’t moved a bit since installing two months ago, despite some rain storms and opening the garage door many times a day
• affordable (around 20 dollars)
• none so far, except they could possibly be easy to steal