Vinyl Garage Doors
Vinyl garage doors add a stylish and finished appearance to your garage. They are customizable with many different features so they can add a custom look while performing the function of a garage door by providing safety for your cars and home. Keep in mind the following pros and cons when deciding whether to purchase a vinyl garage door.
- The Price. Vinyl garage doors are more affordable and a good selection for those on a budget even though they may cast more that steel. The benefits of a vinyl door may outweigh this initial cost.
- The Looks. Vinyl garage doors come in many colors and finishes including the “wood” finish which gives the look without the problems associated with a wooden garage door.
- The Upkeep. Vinyl garage doors are less maintenance. They do not need painting, and they are rust resistant. (Normal mechanical maintenance is still required to extend the life of your door.)
- Durability. Vinyl garage doors are durable with an almost dent proof material. They provide a great lifetime value and frequently come with a lifetime warranty.
- Repairs. Minor dents and scratches will not be noticeable as vinyl is not a painted material. The structure of vinyl will reduce the maintenance and repair required on your garage door compared to normal steel garage doors.
- Weather resistance. Vinyl is durable and efficient and many vinyl garage doors have a UV resin that protects it in very strong sun climates such as here in Central California to keep it from fading.
- Efficiency. Internal insulation is an option with Vinyl garage doors, and this can improve the energy efficiency of your garage and your home. If you are looking store temperature sensitive items in your garage, you may want to keep this in mind when choosing which style is best for you.
- Maintenance. The material of vinyl for a garage door is very useful when it comes to regular cleaning. Due to the durability, a vinyl garage door can be quickly cleaned with ease.
- Changeability. The color in vinyl comes from the resin it is created with, so changing the color is not an option as it would be for a wooden or steel door which can be painted. If you like to frequently change the look of your house, vinyl may not be the best type of garage door for you.
- Efficiency. Unless you purchase your vinyl garage door with insulation, it is very difficult to maintain a consistent temperature inside your garage.